Quilt #1 Update

I spent the afternoon sewing my blocks together for the disappearing nine patch quilt I’ve been working on. My original intent had been to make this quilt bigger by adding borders and maybe use it as a lap blanket for on the couch, but once the blocks were all sewn together I decided that I liked it exactly the way it was.

I’m going to town on Wednesday for a hair appointment and thought I’d pick up some batting then so I could finish it, but lucky for me in my fabric stash I had a piece of batting big enough to fit this quilt. I used flannel on the back, pinned everything together and started to sew. Can I just say that those curved pins made especially for quilting are so much easier to use than normal safety pins?

You can’t really see it in the photo but I decided to quilt this together by sewing on the diagonal. I only did this in one direction. I’m still contemplating sewing the diagonal the opposite direction, but I really like how it looks right now and I’m worried that more quilting will make the back fabric less soft. I’ll sleep on the decision tonight though I’m pretty sure my mind is already made up. All that’s left is the binding and this baby will be done!

Advertisements

4 thoughts on “Quilt #1 Update

  1. Jenniffier says:

    I really like the bright colors in this quilt. I think the disappearing nine patch is so fun!

  2. agajaw says:

    happy combination of design

  3. myquiltstory says:

    i love this! I need to finish my disappearing nine patch too… Thanks for linking up to Quiltstory!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: