After doing next to no sewing for close to a month I got inspired to work on my Hopscotch Too quilt after spending an evening hemming some curtains for my friend Jena. I much prefer quilting to hemming, let it be known.
The last thing I had done on this quilt was finished sewing all of the blocks, but had yet to actually sew any of them together. The first thing I had to do was square up all of the squares. I don’t know why but my inner hearted nerd loves seeing little piles of fabric clippings like this. I have problems.
Once my squares were, well, square I popped in a movie while I sat down to pin them into rows. A few hours later and I had the center part of my quilt all sewn together. There are two borders that still have to go around the outside, and if I have enough fabric leftover, another border after that I hope.
I tried really hard to avoid having two of the same fabrics touching once I sewed the rows together, but it wasn’t until I took this project home to show my Mom that I realized that in the bottom left corner I have two green polka dotted pieces matching. I could rip it out, but I don’t think it bothers me enough to actually change it. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!